Photo By Yuganov Konstantin at Shutterstock
Dryer ventilation is an issue many Texans have faced for a long time, and it continues to be a big issue. With each generation, comes another wave of new homeowners who must understand the importance of duct cleaning service, which is ongoing maintenance that includes both the homeowner and their chosen HVAC company.
Numerous factors can lead to problems with clogged dryer vents, which are dangerous. Unfortunately, everybody can’t clean it; even if you try hard to clean it, it remains somewhat dirty. Many homeowners in Mansfield, TX, remember to change the filter regularly on their HVAC system to prevent pollutant- and germ-filled air being circulated throughout their homes. Still, it’s equally important to schedule a duct cleaning service. During the duct cleaning service, air ducts are swept out to remove all blockages, dust and debris from the forced air and HVAC system.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning for Mansfield, TX Homes
We all take for granted that the air we breathe in our homes is somehow cleaner and less full of pollutants and allergens than the air outside of our Texas homes.
Want to breathe healthier air and making your AC or furnace more efficient and less costly? Then it’s likely time to call a professional who specializes in residential and industrial air duct cleaning in your area. This action should extend the life of your HVAC-reliant (past their warranty in many cases), but you’ll notice differences in the functionality and efficiency of your system.
If it’s been more than six months since your last residential air duct cleaning, this helpful duct cleaning service list is for you:
- Money Savings – Removing the dust and debris from the coils of the air duct dramatically reduces the energy consumption rate. A more efficient system will help save a substantial amount of money on your energy bill.
- Improved Health – The quality of air within a house is usually essential in terms of the internal air conditions. Dust, allergens, air contaminants, and toxic substances such as mold and mouse waste are frequently found in the heating, cooling, and ventilation systems. If airflow vents aren’t cleaned out periodically, these contaminants can be emitted in your home. They may cause significant illness to the very young, elderly, health-compromised people and pets in your home.
- Regularly scheduled maintenance visits could have prevented improved HVAC System Durability – About 9 out of 10 HVAC systems malfunctions.
- Reduced Allergens – Family members with allergies will notice very soon if your air ducts need cleaning because they are more sensitive to the allergens floating around in the home’s air. A duct cleaning service plan will also save you in the long term as you and your family will suffer less from illness.
- Odor Elimination – A musty scent in your house may imply that dust, fungi, or mildew might be inhabiting the air ventilation systems. These odors can’t be removed just by using air fresheners. Having professionals clean your ducts will obliterate the smell.
Dryer Duct Cleaning Service & Safety Tips
Not only is it essential to schedule an air duct cleaning service, but it’s also necessary to schedule dryer duct cleaning as well. Dryer ducts full of dry debris can be dangerous and are one of the leading causes of house fires. Last year, the National Fire Protection Association found that firefighters in the United States respond to about 14,630 home fires caused by clothes dryers. We don’t want our neighbors in Texas to be among them, which is why we at Minuteman Heating and Air compiled this outline of some vital dryer duct cleaning and safety tips.
- Observe your lint catcher, and ensure that your lint catcher remains intact and that you clean the lint from it before every use. If the accumulation within the lint trap is wet, it could indicate that it is time to clean your dryer vents. Remember, the lint trap should be cleaned between uses and occasionally washed with light laundry soap. One-third of dryer duct fires are caused by an accumulation of lint. Neglecting to clean out your dryer vent can set you up for a dangerous situation, and one that is far more serious than the drop-in performance caused by constricting a dryer’s ductwork.
- Have a look at your exterior vent hood visually on the side of your home, especially when the dryer is in action. Take notice of whether the flaps are moving and how easily the air flows.
- It would help if you also kept an eye out for loose lint on the ground surrounding the dryer as this could also be a warning that your dryer system needs cleaning.
- Please take note of how long it takes garments to dry completely. If standard items are taking longer than usual to dry, or you find yourself turning the drying on for a second cycle, it could be a sign that your dryer system is not correctly ventilating and needs to be cleared promptly.
- Never dry clothing or rags that are soaked or coated with any flammable substances such as gasoline, oil or turpentine. This action can cause a fire or possible explosion when exposed to the heat of the dryer.
Please share it with your elderly parents or any new homeowner (or renter), you know. Anyone who operates their own dryer outside of a laundromat should know these simple facts.
Remember, you must take care of your ducts and professionals can help. A professional duct cleaning service like Minuteman Heating and Air, especially if you live in Mansfield, TX, can make a big difference in your home and dryer ventilation systems. Our technicians have the proper tools and training to ensure that your home is efficient and safe in just a single visit.
Did you know that maintenance costs are significantly cheaper than replacing the entire system? Don’t put your credit card between a rock and a hard place by waiting too long to clean your ducts. Schedule your next duct cleaning service with Minuteman Heating and Air today.