Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX – Ductwork is a fundamental component to any central heating and air system, yet it is also one of the most overlooked components when it comes to inspection and maintenance. With neglect, ductwork can end up causing anywhere between twenty to thirty percent or more in energy losses associated with the production of conditioned air that is circulated indoors. This obviously means higher utility bills, loss of comfort and unnecessary wear and tear on the heating and cooling system. Duct repair is beneficial to the overall well-being of a heating and cooling system and also in the reduction of energy production losses and increased costs. Professionally sealed and intact ductwork also reduces the wear and tear on HVAC systems, preventing the need for Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX.
Another unfortunate effect of leaking duct work is the possibility of dirt, moisture and radon gas finding its way inside the ducts. This will negatively affect the indoor air quality and your health. When it comes to the loss of conditioned air from your HVAC system it can be due to any of the following problems:
- One common problem is broken seals along the joints of the ductwork. Air leaks can be sealed using mastic sealant or even metal tape.
- Whenever duct work separates at the joints and connections it results in conditioned air escaping into the basement, crawlspace or attic, depending on where the ducts are located. This is a common issue, and usually results in the loss of up to thirty percent or more of conditioned air. In scenarios where the separation is complete, losses can be even much higher and even result in the lack of conditioned air being delivered beyond the point of separation. Additionally, inadequate insulated ducts will increase costs and affect comfort levels in the home; this is especially true whenever the ductwork is located in the attic or in an unconditioned basement. The most common location for separation in ductwork is where the ducts connect to the registers. Contact Minuteman Heating and Air today to schedule Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX.
- Duct work that has been damaged can also lead to the loss of conditioned air. Flex duct for example can be crushed and / or damaged by pets and wildlife that finds its way to your ductwork. It is highly recommended that you periodically inspect your ducts and especially important if your ductwork is flex duct. Whenever you have damaged duct it will require replacement. For duct repair and replacement or for any other Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX contact Minuteman Heating and Air.
- If a register is blocked it will prevent conditioned air from entering the room. You should never place furniture, boxes or other objects over registers, in front of the air return, or even in front of the thermostat. By doing so, you will affect the HVAC system’s performance and pressure. Not only this, but it can also possibly damage the system which require Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX.
Signs of Duct Issues
Below are signs that indicate that your ductwork possibly will require resealing and / or repair work:
- Rising utility costs without any explanation, such as harsh weather, or lack of annual maintenance could be a sign that you have leaky Ductwork.
- Rooms that are not being heated or cooled enough could be a sign that you have leaky ducts.
- Unusual odors that are entering the home. Dislocated or loose ducts could be the culprit. Ranging from earthy smells to rot; possibly from an animal that entered the dislocated or loose area in the duct, got trapped, and died.
- Visible damage to the ductwork.
Sealing the ductwork and providing required duct repair will lower utility costs and significantly increase the performance of the HVAC unit and increase the comfort levels in the home. Additionally, the indoor air quality will be vastly improved as less dust, bacteria, viruses, pollen and other airborne contaminates enter the home. Leaking duct doesn’t just simply leak air; it also pulls air in affecting the indoor air quality within the home that will require Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX.
Leaking ductwork will also allow moisture to enter the system and your home. This can possibly lead to the growth of mold and mildew in the duct system, affecting the indoor air quality and the health of everyone in your home. A sealed system not only provides a cleaner home but it also provides a healthier home. Don’t put off having a leaky duct from being repaired; give Minuteman Heating and Air Conditioning a call today for duct repair.
About Minuteman Heating and Air
Minuteman Heating and Air is a leader in the field of Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX. Experience, education and unparalleled professionalism make us one of the most respected companies in the metropolitan Arlington, TX area. Minuteman Heating and Air is the go to source whenever you need Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX or surrounding areas. When you reach out to us you can rest assured knowing that will receive the highest quality heating and cooling service in the metropolitan area.
Minuteman Heating and Air provides service to Arlington, Mansfield, and surrounding areas. Our NATE certified technicians provide unparalleled service to homeowners and businesses, whether they need installation, maintenance or repairs. If you need help with your HVAC system at your home or business and you are looking for Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX then give Minuteman Heating and Air a call today. When you reach out to us one of our professional technicians will go on-site, assist you, and provide you with professional Air Conditioning Repair in Arlington, TX that you can count on every single time.