We all have air heating and AC units installed in our homes and we just get them installed and set up by HVAC professionals. However, we do not even learn about the slightest details of what our unit is really made of and how we can operate it and if something were to go wrong, how we would fix it. While it’s not your job, knowing a little bit about something will only do you good in the long run. You should know about heating and AC unit in Arlington and Fort Worth area and get to know what you should ask if you ever needed professionals to repair something for you, or if you needed to hire someone urgently, how would you figure out who is a good technician.
So, keeping that in mind, here are some components of your heating and AC unit in Arlington and Fort Worth area that you should know about.
Main Components of Heating and AC in Arlington and Fort Worth Area
Do you know how to install an HVAC system? Of course not, not many people do, which is why we hire professional HVAC technicians to do it for us. These HVAC systems have a lot of individual components that make an air conditioner altogether and make it an effective product that we use in our homes on a daily basis. Here are some of the basic yet most important components of an HVAC system and how it works.
- Air Conditioner: An air conditioner is the basic and most essential part of the HVAC system and that is the component that cools your home every time you turn on your HVAC system. It works with an evaporator and it is powered with electricity.
- Furnace: The furnace is the part of the heating and AC in Arlington and Fort Worth Area, which is the component that gives out warmth to your home during the winter seasons. You can power your furnace with different sources such as electricity, geothermal, solar and also by the most commonly used source which is natural gas.
- Ducting: The ducts are extremely important because it is through these ducts that air travels through and comes out of the AC system and into your home and rooms. Ducting is made from stamped sheet metal, and when expansion and contraction occurs this also causes leaks to form. When you are getting your HVAC installed, some of the technicians or contractors will also install flexible ducting in order for the ducts to last longer and not wear out so quickly.
- Thermostat: Your thermostat should be able to control when your system is turned on and off. There are different kinds of thermostats these days, such as manual, programmable and are also wireless and can be control through a Smartphone.
- Germicidal UV Light: This is a feature that’s added to your HVAC after it has been installed and it is used for sterilizing the air so that it becomes as pure as the level of air found in a hospital. This is a very important feature for people who have breathing problems and compromised immune systems and need to breathe clean air at all times, this can become one of the most useful components of your Heating and AC in Arlington and Fort Worth Area.
- Central Humidifier: This component of your Heating and AC in Arlington and Fort Worth Area is what helps to keep the level of humidity maintained in your home. It is said that most people are comfortable living at 50% humidity in their air, because this keeps the air from being too dry and too humid and diminishes static electricity. So a humidifier is necessary in your HVAC system.
- Energy Recovery Ventilator: An energy recovery ventilator is what helps in keeping the air inside your home as fresh and clean from air from the outside. During winter times when it is too cold outside and you and your family are stuffed under one roof inside your house, this causes everyone to breathe the same air, and for those who are sick and have flues and colds end up getting others sick too. The ventilator is designed to circulate outside air and bring it inside so that everyone inside house is breathing fresh air at all times and not inhaling each other’s carbon dioxide.
- Electronic Air Cleaner: This is an additional filtration feature that is also added to your heating and AC in Arlington and Fort Worth Area after it has been installed. This component of your unit is there to help keep pollen and allergens from getting inside the house and into the air and from you and your family breathing this in. it filters out the and air and brings in clean air.
So, there you have it! Now you know a little something about your own heating and AC in Arlington and Fort Worth Area. If you ever do need an HVAC professional to help you with some kind of technical issue or if your air conditioning is acting up you should also know who to call and who is a proper professional HVAC who can help you fix your AC problems. AC repairs can be quite costly and you want to call in just the right person to do the job for you instead of having to call in different people each time and not being satisfied with their work. You need to do your homework and make sure you find someone who has a license and insurance to work in your state and also research on the company they come from. Make sure that you check out and compare prices for your heating and AC in Arlington and Fort Worth Area because sometimes you may come across people who might do the job for you at a cheaper price. Before you hire a heating and AC in Arlington and Fort Worth Area professional, make sure you get the best referrals from friends and families who have had good experiences with the company.