Every home needs a functional furnace. When your furnace fails to heat and you need emergency furnace repair, contact the professionals at Minuteman Heating & Air. Our certified technicians are experienced with all types of furnaces, and will provide the prompt services you need to get your Arlington furnace back up and running.
Common Furnace Problems
A furnace is comprised of interconnected components that work together to provide heat for your home. While there a number of potential causes for the improper operation of a furnace, the most common problems are:
- Thermostats are not exempt from failure, and like any other device they wear out. A malfunctioning thermostat can cause a variety of issues with your heating system. A common sign of thermostat failure is the inability to maintain the temperature, with the heat running too long, or not long enough.
- Dirty filters restrict the air flow interfering with efficient operation, and potentially damaging the furnace by causing it to overheat. An overheated furnace also poses a fire hazard. Change the filters according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- The lack of routine furnace maintenance results in higher energy costs and can result in the premature failure of the system.
- Pilot or ignition issues can trigger safety devices to shut down the heating process.
- Failure of the fan motor will result in no air being delivered through the duct system.
Providing routine maintenance and tune-ups will prevent problems with your Arlington furnace. If you need furnace repair now, contact Minuteman Heating & Air for fast service to restore your home’s heat. We service, repair and install both gas and electric furnaces.