All You Need to Know About Air Conditioning
Gone are the days when air conditioners were only for cooling purposes, the HVAC units that are used now days have multiple purposes including, heating, cooling, dehumidifying, and in most cases, purifying the air of any possibly harmful particle. Owing to the immense importance that a HVAC unit holds in our daily lives, it is essential that it does not break down and keep on working perfectly. There are various things to consider if you want your air conditioner to keep on working. If you live in or around Arlington and Fort Worth Area, and want your HVAC unit to be in perfect shape, then not only should you take care of its maintenance but also hire good services for the air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth area. Read on to find out all you need to know in order to keep your HVAC unit in first class condition.
General Problems Associated with an AC Unit
Unlike the furnaces which have simpler working, air conditioning units are rather complex. Therefore, for an HVAC to work appropriately, it is essential that a number of things work properly as well. Some of these essential requirements are as follows:
- An appropriate size so that they are not too heavy to be installed in the house
- For their proper working, an air conditioner unit must contain an optimum amount of refrigerant called as charge.
- A specific amount of air must also flow through its coils for its proper functioning.
When any of the above conditions are not met, you must call for the services of an air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth Area. The major issues an HVAC unit may experience if any of the above conditions are not fulfilled are as follows:
- Your air conditioner may not be able to keep up with any extra load if any of the conditions are not fulfilled. For example, it will be more prone to breaking down if you have a party and more heat is generating in your house than normal.
- In case, there is a refrigerant leakage, the air conditioner will probably lose its capacity of cooling.
- Another major problem is that of improper airflow across the condenser. If it is reduced, the air conditioner may not be able to reject the heat outside. As a result, it will be more prone to break down when the temperature inside the house will rise.
- The problem will be more complex in humid climates though. In case of higher airflow, the humidification will be low and indoor humidity will be high. However, the evaporator coil might actually end up freezing in case of reduced airflow. If prolonged for longer periods of time, this can lead to the failure of compressor.
In case of any of the above-mentioned problems, you will have to seek air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth Area.
How to deal with Air Conditioning Problems
There are two ways you can deal with the problems. Either you can try solving it on your own or you can hire an expert at air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth Area. This depends on the seriousness of the issue. One best way to deal with the problem on your own is to clean the air conditioner unit. Following are two great ways in which you can clean it on your own.
1. Clean the Indoor Unit of the Air Conditioner
One way to clean an air conditioner unit is to clean it from the inside. You can do it by first switching off the power and cleaning all the visible dirt in the blower compartment. Lubricate the motor part. Check the condensation tube for algae growth. Remove it using a bleach and water mixture. Use a brush to clean the drain tube.
2. Cleaning the Outdoor Unit of the Air Conditioner
After shutting the machine, clean the condenser. Make sure that it is free of all type of weeds, grass, and leaves. Trim the grass if there is any surrounding the box, at least around 2 feet radius. Make sure that the electrical wires are not damaged during all the cleaning. Use a damp cloth to clean the fan as well. Pour some oil, in case there are lubricant ports on the fan. Close the machine, put all the screws, and lid back. Always wait for a day before switching the air conditioner back. This is the time you must give the machine to dry. After that, restart the machine to check if it is working properly.
Although this cleaning ritual can sort a number of your air conditioner problems, however in case of severe damage, we recommend that you hire a reliable service in for air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth Area.
Things to check before hiring a professional for air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth Area
In case cleaning is not enough to solve the issues of your air conditioner or if you do not feel confident with handling a sensitive machine like an air conditioner unit, then you can always hire the expert services for air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth Area. However, there are a few things you must check before hiring a professional. Following are the things that must be checked by the expert you have called for air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth Area:
- The refrigerant quantity
- They must check that the refrigerant is not leaking
- They must see that there are no seal duct leakages in the unit
- They should also check the air flow around the evaporative coil
- They should also check the motor oils.
- A good professional hired for air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth Area should also check on the thermostat as well.
If you are looking to hire the services of a reliable company for air conditioner repair in Arlington and Fort Worth then Minuteman Heating and Air is just the right option for you.