Choosing Who to Call for Heating and AC Repair | Mansfield, TX
Photo By stockfour at Shutterstock
It is important to have a working AC system especially since it gets hot. Your HVAC system is an essential appliance that has a limited lifespan. Unlike the older models, the current systems are not designed to last for many years. The air conditioning systems will need to be constantly repaired. When it comes to heating and AC repair in Mansfield, TX, Minuteman Heating and Air should be your HVAC company of choice.
There are different kinds of HVAC systems and Minuteman Heating and Air knows how to repair each brand. When it comes to heating and AC repair, you need to contact us for the following:
You need to have a professional inspect your heating and AC unit and do some maintenance on it. Doing your maintenance will enable you to identify any future problems and solve them. This will increase the lifespan of the unit.
The Unit Refuses to Start
This is a red flag. If you find that your HVAC system fails to start, you need to call a trusted plumber such as minuteman Heating and Air of Mansfield, TX. When the technicians come, they will inspect the unit and let you know if it is more cost effective buying a new one or doing repairs. If you have to buy a new one, the technician can recommend the best brand for you to buy.
The Oil System Refuses to Start Until You Reset
Most people do not call a technician when this happens since they consider the problem solved. When the oil furnace refuses to switch on, you press the reset button and all of a sudden, it works. The fact that the oil furnace lit up after you reset it means that there is a problem. This will be the opportune time to enlist services of a professional from Minuteman Heating and Air. The reset button is there to give you time to figure out what is really wrong with the unit. If the HVAC system refuses to start unless you reset it, you need to take it as a warning and contact Minuteman Heating and Air for a heating and AC repair.
Problems with Combustion
Anything involving a combustion system needs to be checked by a technician. In case your chimney has a weird smell and produces smog, it means combustion process is incomplete. Also, if your utility bills are usually high, it means that your heating system has poor combustion.
Unfortunately, when this happens, Minuteman Heating and Air will recommend that you replace your heating unit.
Reasons to Have a Professional Do the Heating and AC Repair
Mansfield, TX gets hot during summer and this can put some strain on the air conditioning system. Repairs are likely to be required during this season and you need to let a Minuteman Heating and Air handle it for the following reasons.
- A professional technician will give you permanent solutions for your problem. They will not have you call them for the same problem over and over again. HVAC systems are complex and trying to repair them will only make it worse which is why you should have a technician there to do your heating and AC repair.
- The technicians are trained to know how to handle heating and AC repair in safe manner.
- Technicians have the necessary certifications enabling them to work in your home. You feel safer knowing that the person doing your heating and AC repair is qualified.
- The licensed contractors usually have insurance policies. In case they get hurt or damage your property, you will be compensated and will not have to pay more.
- A HVAC unit is an investment that you intend to have for a long time. As such, you want to take the best care when handling it. Hiring Minuteman Heating and Air is a way you can ensure you get value for your money.
Maintenance Tips for Your HVAC System
Just like you pay attention to your appliances and devices, you need to take care of your Heating and AC system so it can serve you for a longer duration, here are some maintenance tips.
- Listen to the unit for odd noises. Unusual noises might be the first sign that there is a problem that needs to be checked. Also look out for performance issues like thermostat problems or puddles near the heating unit. Call your technician in case you need to troubleshoot some issues. It is better to have the unit checked out early before it gets worse.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your HVAC system. During the maintenance, have Minuteman Heating and Air inspect the unit for any current and future problems. Regular maintenance will ensure that the unit is always at optimum levels and prolongs the life of your heating and AC unit. You can also have maintenance plan to ensure you never miss your dates. Having a service plan can make you get discounts on any heating and AC repair costs you might have to incur.
- You need to have your air filters replaced every three months. Have them checked for dirt or any signs of clogging. Depending on your usage, the filters might have to be changed frequently.
- You need to keep your vents clean and clear of any obstructions. Check the airflow to see if it is being blocked and avoid putting furniture on the vents. If you think the air flow has become weak, you need to get a technician to your home to fix it.
- You need to keep the unit clean. If you have ducts, you should have them inspected and clean. Over time, ducts collect dirt and grime and air flow becomes constricted. Cleaning the ducts periodically will ensure this does not happen and you will clear any blockages that occur.
Heating and AC units are generally self-sufficient. However, with a little maintenance, they can function better for longer. In case your unit has a problem, Minuteman Heating and Air plumbers will be happy to do the heating and AC repairs in Mansfield, TX. This will ensure that you are nice and warm during the winter and kept cool during summer days. Improve your quality of life by having your HVAC unit checked out. Remember that “a stitch in time saves nine.”