Common Problems When It Comes To Air Conditioner Installation in Arlington and Fort Worth Area
One of the most used home appliances that you may not give much importance to is your air conditioner. It is a high quality appliance that is used day in and day out, especially when summer is at the peak and the heat is unbearable. For an air conditioner to properly function, it must be taken care of and maintained. Lack of maintenance, poor installation techniques, missed out services or incorrect service procedures can affect the functioning of your AC unit. It’s quite rare that the air conditioner doesn’t work due to manufacturing defects, but such cases are not impossible. Here are some common problems when it comes to air conditioner installation in Arlington and Fort Worth area.
Common Problems with Air Conditioner Installation in Arlington and Fort Worth Area
- When Your Air Conditioner Is Not Cooling: This is one of the most common problems with air conditioner installation in Arlington and Fort Worth area that occur even at the time of installation. Sometimes your air conditioner just doesn’t start to cool when it is initially installed. There could be many reasons behind this issue. Some of the technical issues that may cause the air conditioner to not cool include a faulty compressor, insufficient coolant, the coils and the filters in the air conditioner can be filled with dirt and dust and the thermostat for the air conditioner could also have defects.Many times when the temperature is really high outside, this also affects the performance of your air conditioner. Another reason that could cause your air conditioner to not cool is the size of the room it is placed in. If the air conditioner is not big enough to fit the room size, it won’t cool that certain room. A small air conditioner in a very big room will always fail to cool the room sufficiently, especially when summer is at its peak. The size of the AC should be according to the size of the room.
- When There Is a Water Leakage from Your Air Conditioner: When you get an air conditioner installation in Arlington and Fort Worth area, there are high chances of water leakage from the air conditioner. This can be caused by many problems such as improper installation, clogged up rear drains, low temperature outside, the faulty condenser or air leakage.
- When There Is a Refrigerant Leakage: When your air conditioner refuses to start cooling, this could mean that at the time of your air conditioner installation in Arlington and Fort Worth area, the air conditioner wasn’t charged up properly or there is a leakage of the refrigerant. This doesn’t mean that just refilling the refrigerant will make the air conditioner start cooling again. The leakage needs to be properly repaired by a professional technician and the correct amount of refrigerant needs to be filled as specified by the manufacturer.
- The Sensors Are Faulty: Many times, when an air conditioner installation in Arlington and Fort Worth area is done, one of the most common problems that occur is when there are faulty sensors that are installed. These thermostat sensors are placed behind the control panel of your air conditioner near the evaporating coils.
The function of this sensor is to measure the temperature of the air that is present inside the evaporating coils and change the cooling depending on the room temperature. What happens is that this sensor somehow gets relocated from its original position and ends up not working properly. This usually occurs when the air conditioner is turned on and off more frequently than it should.
- Failure of the Compressor and Fans: People most often complain when an air conditioner installation in Arlington and Fort Worth area takes place, about how their compressors are not working. When an air conditioner is constantly turned on and off, this ends up damaging and destroying the fan completely. Another reason that the compressor can fail is due to electrical disturbances and fluctuations in the voltage, which then causes the compressor to overheat and further develop contamination from the dirt and dust that gathers inside.
- When the Air Conditioner Drains Are Blocked: After you get an air conditioner installation in Arlington and Fort Worth area, you need to maintain your system on a regular basis. When dust, dirt and debris gets blocked in the drains of the air conditioner, this is when the air conditioner stops working or stops cooling effectively, also causing your utility bills to rise.
- Ducts That Are Not Sealed Correctly: At the time of an air conditioner installation in Arlington and Fort Worth area, you need to make sure that the ductwork is sealed properly so that your air conditioner does not leak or lose any cooling or heating.
- When There Is Too Much Indoor Air Pollution: This is also another common problem when you are getting an air conditioner installation in Arlington and Fort Worth area. When your room or home has poor air quality caused by things such as mold, carpets, pollen, or high humidity, this can cause your air conditioner to stop cooling. A professional technician should be called in to fix this problem by adding features to your air conditioner that will assist with reducing these contaminants.
Now you know some of the most common problems when it comes to an air conditioner installation and how the smallest of things can affect your air conditioner in a negative way causing it to stop effectively. A well-experienced professional technician can help you resolve your air conditioner issues, but the maintenance of your system is in your hands.