HVAC System 101: Everything You Need to Know | Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Mansfield, TX
Photo by RF-2018 at Shutterstock
HVAC systems are installed in millions of houses and buildings all around the globe to control the indoor temperature and air quality. They also provide a comfortable and healthy environment inside. An HVAC system takes the outside air and converts it into cool or hot air before supplying it indoors.
To maintain an efficient HVAC unit, you must know when your system requires heating and air conditioning repair in Mansfield, TX. For that, it’s essential to know the science behind an HVAC system. In this article, we’ll discuss the different types and components of an HVAC system and the importance of such a system.
Types of HVAC Systems
HVAC systems have four different types that are commonly used in a commercial and residential building of Mansfield, TX.
- Duct-less Split System: This system provides cool and warm air to different zones of your home. It would be the right fit for big houses and spaces. It’s the best option for buildings that do not have space for the bigger systems with ducts.
- Hybrid System: A hybrid system is a conventional HVAC system, which is more efficient in comparison with the traditional systems as it saves up energy wastage. Also, it’s popular due to its efficient performance of the system. If you want your home to be warm in during winter nights, it is surely the best choice for you.
- Split HVAC: Split HVAC systems are less complicated than other systems and its components are located both inside and outside the building. It has a simple cooling and heating option for homeowners due to its simple design.
- Solo Package HVAC System: This HVAC system is ideal for small houses and spaces as it does not take much space in your homes; also, it’s without the other individual parts of the split system. The best part about the solo package system is that it performs the role of a heater and an air conditioner. Basically, it’s an ideal solution for small spaces.
Components of HVAC System
Following are a few components of an HVAC system:
The furnace is a major component of your HVAC system as it takes more space. It is usually found in the attic or your basement. The main job of a furnace is to supply heat to different rooms. This heating process is called combustion as it uses one of the four heat sources to supply the air. A faulty furnace can stop the process of heating and cooling. Hence, it’s wise to call an expert for heating and air condition repair in Mansfield, TX, if no cooling or heating is taking place.
The thermostat triggers the HVAC system to generate heating and cooling when needed. It basically keeps the temperature of your house maintained. This component located inside your home is usually automated and can also be handled manually. If the thermostat fails to maintain your system, it’s time to seek the help of an expert for heating air conditioning repair in Mansfield, TX.
3. Evaporator Coil
An evaporator coil is located inside the furnace. The job of an evaporator coil is to cool off the warm air inside the system. An HVAC system can’t work efficiently without a well-maintained evaporator coil. If your evaporator coil is not providing the desired cooling, then it’s necessary to contact a good heating and air conditioning repair service in Mansfield, TX.
4. Heat Exchanger
It’s also located inside the furnace, but it takes in the cold air to convert it into heat. The warm air, which you enjoy during the chilly winter nights, is because of the heat exchanger in your HVAC system. If your heat exchanger stops working, it’s necessary to get the assistance of an expert for your heating and air conditioning repair in Mansfield, TX.
Ducts are very important for an HVAC system as their role is to deliver the warm and cool air in your rooms. Ductworks can be made from steel, light-weight aluminum, polyurethane, fiberglass, and fabric. However, proper ductwork is significant to run your HVAC system efficiently. Sometimes your ducts can be clogged form bacteria. Such a problem can only be fixed by a good heating and air conditioning service in Mansfield, TX.
6. Condenser Unit
Condensing units are located outside of your homes and buildings and are connected to the evaporator coil. The condenser contains a refrigerant gas, which is cooled by the process of heat exchange—the gas is compressed and converted into a liquid by a condenser. This liquid is then sent to the evaporator coil to produce the warm and cool air. This process can stop working if the maintenance of the system is ignored. In such a case, your system requires heating and air conditioning service in Mansfield, TX, by a well-trained expert.
Importance of HVAC Systems
It’s frustrating to bear the summer heat and winter nights after a tiring day of work. Therefore, the majority of the homeowners in Mansfield, TX, have installed an HVAC system for a comforting and relaxing experience. The following are the few reasons that show why HVAC systems are important.
- The most significant function of an HVAC system is to provide you with clean air, free from all the dirt. This minimizes the risk of developing airborne diseases like cough, cold, flu, etc. Your HVAC system provides you with an environment that is not only comfortable, but also healthy and danger-free for you and your family.
- Nowadays, houses are constructed with HVAC system units to control the air quality and temperature of homes. Such systems are very popular all across the globe due to its great benefits like enjoying the cool air in summers and warm air during cold winters.
To make sure your HVAC system is in tiptop condition, it’s important to contact Minuteman Heating and Air for the best professional services in Texas.
To schedule an appointment, please call us at 817-284-2569or contact us on our website https://minutemanheatingandac.com/schedule-appointment/