The Cool Solution For Your Home: Ductless Mini Split Systems Endorsed By Air Conditioning Service Experts | Arlington, TX
Mini-split systems are also known as mini-split air conditioning units and provide comfort in winter and summer. The condensed appliances have indoor and outdoor units, condensers, and compressors, that work together to control indoor temperatures.
They also feature an indoor air handler and a conduit with numerous tubing, including power cables, suction tubes, refrigerant lines, and condensate drain that connect the systems installed in and out of the house.
After you decide you want a mini-split system in your home, the next obvious question is the one to get. Finding the ductless units that meet your household’s heating and cooling needs does not have to be a hassle with the help of an air conditioning service provider.
The experts use their experience and in-depth knowledge about different mini-splits to recommend the best options for installation on your residential property.
Read on to familiarize yourself with the following ductless units in the market as you search for the best mini-splits to buy for your home.
Single-Zone Mini Split
Individuals living in a small apartment can opt for this system because it can adequately meet their heating and cooling needs during alternate cold and hot seasons. The ductless unit has only one condenser and one compressor, a single-zone multi-split appliance.
A qualified and experienced air conditioning service professional can skillfully install the unit in one room for proper control of the indoor temperatures. People with multi-family homes can have the single-zone unit installed in every room, with each indoor unit connecting to its outdoor system.
Pros of Single-Zone Mini Split Systems
- Cost-effective: Since the single-zone ductless systems only require one outdoor unit for an indoor air handler unit, they are relatively cheaper than the multi-zone mini-split air conditioners.
- Easy to Install: All ductless air conditioning units are easier to install than central air conditioners and heat pumps. Single-zone units are much easier to mount on walls or floors than multi-zone multi-split appliances. The air conditioning service provider only needs to drill a hole for the conduit on the wall to connect the compressor or condenser to the air handler inside.
- Size: the units are small, making them easy to move around for zoning.
- Perfect Add-ons: the single-zone multi-split systems can act as add-ons in homes with other air conditioner options to enhance comfort in spaces that require more heating or cooling.
- Best for Single homes: These houses only have one room that needs to be cooled or heated during hot and cold days, especially for people living alone.
- Energy efficiency: An air conditioning service expert connecting the one air handler with the condensing unit with no ducts prevents energy losses.
Cons of Single-Zone Mini-Split ACs
- The single-zone mini-splits are more inefficient in cooling and heating the rooms than other HVAC systems.
- They are more costly than conventional AC units, including central air conditioners.
- Its installation costs can also be high.
Multi-Zone Ductless Mini-Split Systems
Another mini-split system that homeowners can opt for includes multi-zone split air conditioners. They have more than one air handler in different rooms of the same building connecting to the same condenser or compressor outdoor appliances.
A qualified air conditioning service contractor can install the outdoor unit to numerous air handling units inside the house, between six and eight, depending on the number of rooms you want to heat or cool.
Advantages of Multi-Zone Mini-Split ACs
- Flexible zoning: it is easy to place the indoor units in different rooms in a building.
- Energy efficient: the systems technicians install in an insulated or sealed room prevent energy loss, increasing energy efficiency.
- Saves money: since they reduce energy consumption, the multi-zone multi-splits also reduce utility bills, helping you to save money.
- Easy to install: though they are not as easy to connect or mount in Arlington, TX homes, unlike the single-zone multi-split air conditioners, the installation is less complex. The process is similar to an air conditioning service professional installing single-zone ductless ACs, but in this case, it happens in numerous rooms.
- They have no air ducts to help save energy and prevent air leaks.
- Blends well with interior décor: the air handlers can be installed in different sections of the house to blend perfectly with the interior designs.
- Cost-effective: They require only one outdoor unit. Also, they can improve the curb appeal of your home if nicely installed by experienced and skilled air conditioning service technicians.
Disadvantages of Multi-Zone Mini-Split AC Units
- They are more inefficient in heating and cooling your space than central air conditioners.
- The overall project can have higher installation costs than traditional air conditioning systems.
- Since they run throughout the year, the system can use more energy.
- They require more space for installation to fit the condenser and compressor installed outdoors.
- The system does not fit rooms with low ceilings.
- Repairs can be extensive because the air conditioning service professionals remove the conduit before fixing the problem.
Wall Mounted Mini Split Air Conditioners
Another mini-split AC unit that homeowners can consider is a wall-mounted mini-split system. They are preferable for modern houses and commercial offices because of their sleek and discrete features. People with limited space in their homes go for the wall-mounted mini-splits because of the installation on walls that saves space on the floor.
Air conditioning service technicians can also install the units in medium to larger zones. Modern multi-split AC appliances have advanced features and technologies, such as Smart control for easy control of indoor temperatures.
Pros of Wall Mounted Ductless Mini-Splits
- Wall-mounted mini-split AC units are readily available in the HVAC market in Arlington, TX, making them budget-friendly. Different brands and models produce wall-mounted systems, which contributes to their affordability.
- Air conditioning service providers can install them as single-zone or multi-zone ductless mini-split air conditioners.
- The wall-mounted mini-splits are energy efficient because of the inverter technologies that help optimize energy consumption.
- They have higher cooling power than window ACs and portable air conditioning units that can cool numerous zones, ranging from medium to large rooms.
- The mini-splits installed on walls require low maintenance because they don’t accumulate dust as much as the systems installed on windows and floors.
Cons of the Wall-Mounted Mini-Split Air Conditioner
- Space: Before installing the mini-splits on the wall, an experienced and qualified air conditioning service professional should ensure the wall accommodates the mini-split air conditioner in terms of space.
The expert evaluates the walls to know if they can withstand the weight of the mini-split systems.
Ceiling Cassette Mini-Splits
In addition to the above ductless systems, people can opt for ceiling cassette mini-split air conditioners that HVAC installers mount on ceilings. They optimize space in the room, especially in rooms with limited space.
Homeowners might also want ceiling air conditioners because they don’t want the systems on the floor or wall. An air conditioning service expert can install the system as a single-zone or multi-zone mini-split AC.
Benefits of Ceiling Cassette Mini Split ACs
- Ceiling cassette mini-split air conditioners save on space
- They have a design that does not lead to an eye sore
- The mini-split system is energy efficient because it can effectively cool large spaces
- Best for cooling homes with numerous large rooms
Drawbacks of Ceiling Cassette Mini-Splits
- The units are too costly: the initial cost of the mini-splits is higher than that of conventional systems. If you factor in installation costs, the ceiling cassette units become more expensive, making them the best for people in with fat pockets.
- Requires constant maintenance from qualified air conditioning service contractors to prolong their lifespan.
Floor Mounted Mini-Split Units
Homeowners can also choose floor-mounted mini-split air conditioners connected to the floor to cool and heat their houses in the summer or winter seasons.
Vertical air handlers are among the preferred options in homes with enough space to accommodate an HVAC unit.
Pros of the Floor Mounted Mini-Split Air Conditioners
- The floor-mounted mini-splits are energy efficient, saving more energy than conventional units
- They are highly effective in cooling the home due to their high cooling power
- Easier for air conditioning service technicians to install than most mini-splits on the walls or ceilings.
- The ductless split system can effectively cool large rooms because of its high cooling capacity.
Cons of Floor-Mounted Systems
- The floor mini split air conditioners are way more costly than wall multi-splits. Homes with multiple rooms require more indoor air handlers, which makes it expensive to get them all at once.
- The sleek floor-mounted systems also take up a lot of space on the floor of your rooms.
- Since they are on the floor, the units get dirty faster because of exposure to dust and dirt than systems installed on the ceiling and walls.
Concealed Duct Mini Split Units
People with large apartments or multi-family households with hydronic water heaters, space heaters, and radiant panels can also consider concealed duct mini-splits as add-ons to increase thermal comfort.
Unlike other mini-splits, an air conditioning service expert installs the concealed duct mini-split air conditioning units on several air ducts. The units are the best for cooling and heating large zones or multiple rooms.
Advantages of the Concealed Duct Mini Splits
- The concealed duct mini-split air conditioners are aesthetic and improve the curb appeal in homes because they blend well with interior décor.
- They are highly efficient in cooling and heating rooms because of their high cooling capacity.
- The systems operate more silently than most conventional HVAC systems, making them the better option for homeowners that don’t like noise.
- They are also flexible with higher zoning capabilities. An air conditioning service professional can easily install the systems in rooms that need additional cooling or heating, even if they already have central air conditioning equipment.
Aspects to Consider Before Making the Final Purchase Decision
Before choosing from the different mini-split systems, you can consider several aspects before buying the one that meets your preference and taste. When searching and window shopping the mini-splits, some of the factors to bear in mind are:
- Size of the system: the multi-split AC unit should be correctly sized to meet your house’s heating and cooling needs. An oversized AC unit can lead to short-cycling, while an undersized one ineffectively cools or warms our space.
- The number of rooms to be cooled or heated: since the mini-splits operate in zones, it is wise to inform your air conditioning service expert of the number of rooms that will require an air handler for cooling and heating.
- Filter options: it is appropriate to know if you want replaceable to washable air filters for your mini-split air conditioning systems.
- Multi-purpose units: choosing mini-splits can be the best option because they can cool and heat your intended space.
- Additional features: you can also check for modern features, such as Smart or programmable thermostats, before buying any mini-splits. Modern parts can increase the efficiency of the system.
- Installation: choosing the right air conditioning service professionals from reliable companies to install the multi-splits is essential in ensuring the systems operate optimally.
- Aesthetic features of the unit: before buying a mini-split system, it is vital to consider factors that add beauty to your home. Apart from adding beauty to your home, the units can also increase the value of your house.
Call Us for Installation Services!
Mini-split air conditioning units are among the best HVAC options for most homeowners because of their flexibility, easy installation, and energy efficiency. Choosing the right system doesn’t have to be confusing because you can get help from the best in the field by reaching out to Minuteman Heating & Air.
We offer numerous cooling services, including AC repair, installation, and maintenance. Our confident and knowledgeable air conditioning service technicians use their skills and expertise to provide quality and exceptional HVAC services. If you want assistance finding the best multi-split system and accurate installation of your new HVAC unit, call Minuteman Heating & Air today.
Check out our previous blog on this topic here.