Air conditioning has become so essential to modern living that it is difficult to imagine life without it. Unfortunately, when the air conditioning fails, it seems to do so on the hottest days of the season. Fortunately, Minuteman Heating & Air is ready to assist you, providing AC repair for Fort Worth, Arlington and the surrounding areas. Our experienced technicians will promptly have your air conditioner working again. Minuteman Heating & Air’s air conditioning services includes installation, AC repair and maintenance of air conditioners for our valued residential and commercial customers.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
There are a number of components that work together in the process of producing cold conditioned air. A problem with any one of these components can result in the need for AC repair, including:
Refrigerant Leak: When refrigerant leaks occur it affects the process of absorbing and releasing heat. The specific level of refrigerant inside your home’s AC is termed as its charge. The specific charge is balanced for the optimal heat exchange. Once the refrigerant level is low, serious issues occur in the air conditioner. Issues such as impaired cooling, frost and ice along the coil and refrigerant lines will occur, and can result in damage to the coil. The most damaging effect of low refrigerant is the potential damage to the compressor, the heart of the AC system. Low coolant can cause it to work harder, and may result in overheating and consequential burn out of the compressor. A failed compressor is the typical reason for replacement of the air conditioning system.
Frozen Evaporator Coil: Restricted airflow is the typical cause of a frozen evaporator coil. Do not attempt to operate the system until the coil has thawed to avoid damage to the compressor. Common causes include the following:
- A dirty air filter: Change the filter as recommended by the manufacturer using the appropriate type of filter.
- A dirty evaporator: Cleaning of the evaporator coil is a part routine maintenance. Scheduling annual maintenance will assure a clean, efficient coil.
- A blocked air return grill: Check for a blocked air return grill from furniture or any other object. Adequate air flow is required and air returns should not be blocked by furniture.
- Blower motor: A failed blower motor will cause the evaporator coil to freeze.
- Low refrigerant: A low charge or refrigerant leak can result in a frozen evaporator coil.
Blocked Condenser: Keep grass and weeds trimmed from around the condenser. The condenser requires ample air flow and plant growth or any other object closer than 3 feet can impair the air flow to the condenser and result in damage.
Leaking Ducts: An annual inspection of ducts will ensure the joint seals are not broken. In addition, ducts can occasionally separate, resulting in conditioned air being unloaded in the basement or crawl space of your home. Check for broken seals or loose tape on duct joints, and reseal if necessary.
Contact Minuteman Heating & Air for annual maintenance to ensure the optimal performance of your air conditioning, and prevent a number of these issues and the need for AC repair.
Additional Cooling Services
- Air Conditioners
- Air Conditioner Installation
- Air Conditioner Maintenance
- High Velocity Air Conditioners
- Ductless Air Conditioners
Contact Minuteman Heating & Air for skilled AC repair, installation or maintenance of your home or businesses air conditioning system. We offer emergency services 24 hours a day, and seven days a week for your comfort and convenience.