One of the most common problems that heating and cooling technicians handle are frozen evaporator coils during the summer. There are plenty of problems that can happen in which it can cause an evaporator coil to freeze up. The following will go into detail each of the problems that may happen to where it will cause your home’s Heating and Cooling in Arlington, TX to freeze over. If you are having problems with your home’s heating and cooling and you think the problem is the evaporator coil then shut down your air conditioning to avoid damaging the compressor and give Minuteman Heating and Air a call.
Reasons Evaporator Coils Freeze
- If there is something restricting the air flow to and through the evaporator coil then the temperature of the coil will eventually drop below freezing and begin to ice up due to the humidity and condensation that will be around the coils. When this happens you will most likely need professional Heating and Cooling in Arlington, TX.
- If you do not change the air filter for your home’s heating and cooling system as instructed by the manufacturer then the filter will eventually clog. When it does warm air will not be able to be pulled into the vents which helps keep the evaporator from freezing over. A clogged air filter will also make the system work much harder and can cause premature failures and faults in the system.
- If the evaporator coil becomes dirty then the dirt, debris and other airborne particulates that are finding its way to the coil will cause problems where eventually the evaporator coil will freeze up. This can be mostly prevented by changing the air filters frequently and by having the system professionally cleaned once a year.
- If there is furniture or other objects blocking the intake grilles this can cause problems to where the evaporator coil will eventually freeze up. If this is your problem, shut the system down and move the furniture or objects away from the intake grilles. If it is an especially warm day it should not take too long for the ice to melt off of the evaporator coils. However, do not turn the system back on until the coils have thawed.
- Inspect the blower motor for the heating and cooling system. If the blower motor appears to not be running then this could cause the evaporator coil to freeze over. If your blower motor is malfunctioning or has failed you will need professional assistance from a company that specializes in Heating and Cooling in Arlington, TX, such as, Minuteman Heating and Air.
- If the temperatures inside of the home have reached the thermostats setting then the outdoor unit should turn itself off. However, if the system is continually running then there is most likely a problem with the contactor becoming stuck or welded. This will also cause air flow to become restricted and can cause the evaporator coils to freeze over. If this appears to be your problem you will need professional assistance in order to resolve it.
- Finally, there might be a leak in the system. If the system is leaking refrigerant then this will cause the evaporator coils to freeze over. When this happen you will need professional assistance from a company that specializes in Heating and Cooling in Arlington, TX, such as, Minuteman Heating and Air. One of our professional technicians will do a refrigerant leak test to see if the refrigerant is indeed leaking. If so, the leak must be found and it must be repaired before new refrigerant can be added.
Frequent professional maintenance will help extend the life cycle for your home’s heating and cooling system. It will not only increase the life span but it will also decrease the energy consumption in the home by the system since it will be operating much more efficiently. If you would like to schedule to have your home’s heating and cooling system inspected and tuned-up then do not hesitate to give Minuteman Heating and Air a call today to schedule for service.
About Minuteman Heating and Air
Minuteman Heating and Air is one of the predominate leaders in the field of Heating and Cooling in Arlington, TX. Experience, education and unparalleled professionalism make us one of the most respected companies in Arlington, TX and the surrounding metropolitan area. Minuteman Heating and Air is the go to source for full key solutions whenever you need Heating and Cooling in Arlington, TX or surrounding areas. When you reach out to us you can rest assured knowing that will receive the highest quality heating and cooling service in the metropolitan area by professional technicians that have the skillset, experience and know-how to provide you with the best service and satisfaction possible.
Minuteman Heating and Air provides heating and cooling solutions to Arlington, Mansfield, and the surrounding metropolitan area. Our NATE certified technicians provide our customers with unparalleled services. We service both residential and commercial, and whether you are looking for installation, maintenance or even repairs, you can count on us. If you are in need of assistance with your heating and cooling system for your home or your business and you are looking for reliable and professional Heating and Cooling in Arlington, TX that you can count on then give Minuteman Heating and Air a call today. When you hire Minuteman Heating and Air, one of our professional and NATE certified technicians will come onsite to assist you and provide you with the professional heating and cooling services that you require. For superior Heating and Cooling in Arlington, TX that you can count on every single time, Minuteman Heating and Air is the right choice.