Should I Repair or Replace My Air Conditioning System in Arlington and Fort Worth Area
When your air conditioning system stops working, this can feel like it’s almost the end of the world, especially when summer is at its peak. It’s definitely hard to survive without some sort of cooling system inside the house when the sun is so hot outside. But sometimes it’s hard to determine whether you need an air conditioning repair in Arlington and Fort Worth area or if you need an air conditioning replacement altogether. This blog will help you figure out whether you need to repair or replace your air conditioning by figuring out what problems you’re facing with it.
One of the main and common issues with air conditioners is that they are not installed properly and have had bad servicing and maintenance done which leads to ducts leaking and less airflow. The best thing to do is to always make sure to check for any fuses and circuit breakers when your air conditioner seems to stop working. Reset your breakers once the power unit has cooled down.
What are the Most Common Air Conditioning Problems
There are a few common problems that air conditioners face in their life span and these determine whether their air conditioners need repairing or replacing completely.
- Refrigerant Leaks: When your air conditioner starts to lack refrigerant, this means that the air conditioner was undercharged at the time of installing or it has leaks. If your air conditioner is leaking, then adding a refrigerant to it will not help with the damage. A professional electrician would best know how to repair the air conditioning system, but if that doesn’t work, then the entire air conditioning system would have to be replaced. Leaking refrigerant is also harmful for the environment and anyone living around it.
- Insufficient Maintenance: Maintenance is highly important for your air conditioning to work properly and also maintain its cooling standards. Once your air conditioning starts to gather and pile up on dust and dirt, it will stop working properly or the cooling will diminish with time. Many times the compressors and fans of the air conditioner fail completely and this requires you to replace your air conditioning system with a new one.
- Failure of Electrical Controls: Many times, you will find that controls of the compressor and fans begin to fail and stop working. This usually happens more often when switches are turned on and off constantly. This may not be a call for replacing your air conditioning system entirely, but calling someone to get it repaired would be a good idea.
- Troubles with the Sensors: Thermostat sensors, located at the back of the control panel, often cause troubles. It is used to measure the temperature, so if the sensor is causing problems or is not working, this can cause the air conditioner to act up inconsistently. But this issue can be fixed by repairing the sensor to be near the coil but not touching it. There is no need to replace your air conditioning for something small like this.
- Issues with Drainage: When its peak summer time and super hot outside, this is a good time to check your condensate drain to make sure that it hasn’t clogged up the drainage system otherwise that could cause a problem. The condensate drain should be draining properly otherwise it could need some repairing.
When is it a Good Time to Completely Replace your Air Conditioning System
If you don’t know whether you need to replace your air conditioning system yet or not, here are some helpful pointers that may help you make a decision.
How old your air conditioning system is: A good high quality air condition system can last you up to 10 to 15 years if you know how to maintain it and repair it when needed immediately. If your air conditioning is 10 years or older, it’s about time you think about replacing your air conditioning instead of repairing it this time. The older your air conditioning system is, the more difficult it will become to get it repaired after so many years when technology has advanced so much and now there are newer models of air conditioning systems with lots of new upgrades that will make your life easier.
Lots of noise and dust coming from your air conditioning: If you notice constant piles of dust and dirt in your home, this could possibly be coming from your air conditioner which is leaking out dust and dirt from the ductwork. Due to the dust and constant noise coming from your air conditioning, this will have a bad impact on the efficiency of your air conditioning system’s cooling. So, now is also a good time to replace your air conditioning.
Your utility bills keep increasing: If you have recently noticed that your utility bills have been increasing, then this probably means that your air conditioning system isn’t working efficiently and also if you are constantly getting your air conditioner repaired on a regular basis, it’s about time your air conditioning system should be replaced with a new one, instead of repairing it so frequently.
Your air conditioning is incompatible with cooling and humidity: When you have a good air conditioning installed in your house, it should be able to reduce and eliminate the humidity from your house and should make your house cooler rather than hotter. It should be able to maintain a consistent temperature. If your air conditioning isn’t able to do this, that means the system has a malfunction and needs to be replaced immediately.
So now you know how to figure out whether air conditioning repair in Arlington and Fort Worth Area is needed or whether you need to completely replace your air conditioning system altogether.