When you are facing a decision between replacing a worn unit, or providing air conditioning repair in Arlington, TX, contact Minuteman Heating & AC. We offer NATE certified technicians who will provide you with a professional opinion regarding whether to repair or replace, and discuss the options with you.
Time and wear are the cause of the eventual failure in any HVAC system. A lack of annual maintenance will curtail the life of even the best systems available. Once these factors have taken their toll, it is likely air conditioning repair in Arlington, TX will become more common. The question then becomes when should you replace, rather repair? The answer will depend on your situation. For example, if you plan to place the home on the real estate market, installing a new unit will increase its value and its chances of sale. The alternative is to discount the price and allow the buyer to install the system of their choice. This will enable them to take out a loan covering the cost of a new unit.
However, if you plan to live in the home for some time, the following general guidelines can assist you in making a decision:
- When a system is fairly new, within the first half of its expected service life, repair may be the best option.
- When the air conditioner or other HVAC system is 10 years old or older, and is in need of costly air conditioning repair in Arlington, TX, replacement will be best when the budget allows. In addition, new systems will be more energy efficient due to advances in the technology, and the unit will help to pay for itself with energy savings. Consider an ENERGY STAR rated unit for the highest efficiency. In addition, if the unit uses R22 refrigerant, which is no longer manufactured, the cost of the refrigerant when required, will be higher over time as supplies dwindle. Replacement will be the best option when the budget allows it.
- Weigh the cost of the air conditioning repair in Arlington, TX. against the purchase price of a new unit. When the cost of the repair is 25% or more of the cost of a new unit, consider replacing it. You should also consider the amount already spent on previous repairs. An energy efficient unit can help to pay for itself by saving you money, and can increase your comfort, due to improvements in the industry technology.
- Once a system attains extensive age and wear, the performance and energy efficiency will diminish. When the aged system can no longer maintain your comfort, it is time to replace it, rather than to provide air conditioning repair in Arlington, TX. Potential signs of a weakening unit include uneven cooling, the inability to cool the home when it did so effectively in the past, and rising energy costs. New systems often average providing up to 30% greater energy efficiency than a worn and aged unit. In fact, it is possible to attain even higher efficiency with some Energy Star rated systems. Contact Minuteman Heating & AC to receive information on the highest possible efficiency for your home.
- Maintenance history is also important to consider. A well maintained unit will typically last longer than one that has been neglected. Maintenance should be provided annually, with the exception of heat pumps, which require biannual maintenance due to their year round use.
What We Offer for Installation
Minuteman Heating & AC offers NATE certified technicians, which means they have demonstrated the highest expertise in the industry. This is important when you consider one in four HVAC systems are improperly sized. A technician who installs a unit based on the existing unit’s size is not demonstrating professionalism, or proper practice. If your existing system was improperly sized, the new unit will be also. Size is important, as it effects the service life, performance, energy efficiency, comfort and the health of your home.
When undersized, the air conditioner will typically run constantly, and be able to cool your home effectively or efficiently, especially in extremely high temperatures. If over-sized, short cycling will occur, it will not run long enough to remove excess humidity from the home. This results in discomfort and the potential growth of mold. A wrong sized unit in either extreme will also result in higher electric bills, and a significantly reduced service life of the unit. When you contact Minuteman Heating & AC, you can rely on receiving a unit properly sized and installed based on the current industry standards. We offer the same quality of services when you need air conditioning repair in Arlington, TX.
Our high standards of expertise extend to air conditioning repair in Arlington, TX. We use the highest quality in both repairing your unit, and the factory parts provided. Our comprehensive services provide an attention to the details.
A Minuteman Heating & AC professional will provide a comprehensive inspection of your home’s HVAC system, providing a professional opinion on whether it would be best to repair or replace the air conditioner. Our NATE certified technicians will be glad to answer your questions, and provide you with the information you need in order to make an informed choice in the selection of an energy efficient replacement, or the air conditioning repair in Arlington, TX that you require. We serve Arlington, Mansfield and the surrounding areas. Minuteman Heating & AC is a member of the BBB with an A+ rating.